Saturday 22 June 2013

Quenching Your Thirst in Singapore

Indulging in Singapore was easy. We found many little nooks and crannies that had lots to offer.
At one small japanese restaurant off Orchard Road, we were offered cold green tea for just $1 with our meal.

Before.

After.
Need I say more?

How you doin'?

After huffing and puffing through the Singapore Zoo late in the afternoon, we stopped off at Bongo Burgers before puttering around the Night Zoo.
Can't go wrong with an iced tea in a jar.
Note to travellers: Insect repellent and a small can of deodorant will come in very handy after a long winding walk in and out of the animal enclosures.

Handy Tip:


The Marina Bay Sands Hotel Sky Deck has very expensive Singapore Slings.
HOWEVER, my family and I found a sneaky way of getting around this dilemma. Instead of paying for the sky deck tour AND for the Singapore sling, we paid for the lift to take us up to the sky deck, and using our passes, we scored ourselves a free Sling.
Marina Bay Sands Sky Bar

Downstairs later that night I treated myself to a delightful cocktail in one of the Marina Bay Bars. I don't usually 'rate' cocktails, but I highly recommend this one.
Unfortunately I have forgotten the name of the Bar

I hope that some of these tips come in handy when you are plodding around Singapore in the 30 degree heat in late September.
Happy Travelling!


No comments:

Post a Comment